Tuesday, February 5, 2008

minestroni

a couple folks asked for the recipe so here it is as good as i can remember.

*some olive oil
*a clove of garlic
*a large onion
celery
a carrot
a can of sliced tomatoes
*spinach
zucchini
broth of some kind (bout 2 of those cardboard things of it)
*a sprig of rosemary
pepper and salt
a potato
noodles
a can of white or pinto beans
some parsley

everything with a * goes in first and then add the broth and everything else.
i really don't know the subtleties of timing in cooking so the noodles got all mushy. i guess those should go in last.

for real details consult someone who knows what they are doing. my grandma's # is 864 380 1268

then parmesan all up on the top

3 comments:

rshelly said...

thats great that you are including your gradmother in on this. for a little while i was swapping recipies with my grandmother just for something to write to her about.
you seem very close to your family. are you going to be able to do a project with them for your thesis?

sanone trombone said...

Yea Shelby! thanks for the recipe, and your grandmothers number.

And good question from Rebecca, you might have said, but I don't remember if you are going to do a project with them.... I think we got off talking about how so many family friends are like family, and a little upset that you are not doing a project with them.... I need to down load the tape, then I'll know exactly what was said!

Shelby said...

i am going to include a bunch of family. my two grandmothers each get a project and as do my parents. my family is important and i have recently had a cancer scare with my nana. so i guess it is something i have had to come to terms with. living out here and 3000 miles from many people i hold tight is tough.

but i do know that often it seems like doing projects with those that are close to you can pose different challenges than working with srangers. both seem valuable and i would like to do my next project with people i don't know.
there is more editing freedom, room to expand your community, and an adventurous spirit involved.